How to Replace a Windscreen
It’s illegal to drive with a broken windshield, and it’s dangerous. A cracked windshield may shatter and fly directly into the faces of the passengers. A cracked windshield also blocks the driver’s view, allowing moisture to seep in and fog up the window. Automobile windscreens are constructed of special formulated adhesives that are utilized to form
- Purchase the appropriate windshield for your automobile from a specialist.
- Remove all of the things connected to or near the windshield, including the rearview mirror, wiper blades, and so on.
- Cover all of the heater and defroster vents with paper or plastic.
- Remove any shards of glass from the floor before putting on gloves.
- Examine the gasket around the window for damage. If it’s fractured or destroyed, you’ll have to replace it. If the gasket is in good shape, insert a knife into one corner and make a slit. Insert a slender screwdriver into the gap and gently push it along the frame to remove the gasket. Remove the gask
- The following video will demonstrate you how to remove your automobile’s windshield securely. Remove the glass carefully. When removing a windshield, it is quite heavy and the glass might break or shatter as a result of its weight. You may require the assistance of another person for this step.
- Remove all of the rust or dirt from the frame using a clean, dry cloth.
- Place the gasket around the new windshield (the old one or a fresh one). The inside of the gasket should be placed against the glass.
- Place the glass on the frame with a sealant or petroleum jelly on the gasket’s outer edge. Slowly lower the glass onto the frame.
- Simply slide your foot beneath the windshield and press it firmly against the frame.
If you are looking to get your windscreen replaced by a professional , Advanced Auto Glazing can help. We provide a high quality windscreen replacement service for all types of vehicles. Contact us today to book an appointment.
The above steps will show you how to replace your windshield correctly and safely. If you are looking to get your windscreen replaced by a professional, Advanced Auto Glazing can help. We provide a high quality windscreen replacement service for all types of vehicles. Contact us today to book an appointment.